Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Ivette Corredero first gay woman on Big Brother

Ivette Corredero first gay woman on Big Brother Ivette Corredero is the first openly lady loving contestant, and the first Cuban-American as well, to find herself in the Big Brother house - but don't call her a lesbian. The Latina teacher-turned-waitress with a live-in girlfriend at home explained, "I just say I like girls. I don't say I'm a lesbian. Such a vulgar word. I'd rather someone say 'she's gay.'" Whatever you call it, she kept it under wraps for the first week, hoping to avoid having the guys spend their whole time trying to convert her. She says with a laugh, "it's been 10 years. It's not a fake thing and it's not a phase. ... I can be discreet because I'm more lipstick." �
[Date: 11-Jul-05 ]

No comments: