Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Annie Lennox often wishes she were gay

Annie Lennox often wishes she were gay Annie Lennox may be the unsung female ambassador of the music industry. Next month she's going to Ethiopia as part of her AIDS campaign. The last time she did any interviews was for her album, Bare, which she wrote following the end of her second marriage in 2000. A notoriously private woman, Lennox recently revealed, "The air that we breathe is steeped in the idea that we need a man to be happy. I believed that," she says. "I am such a romantic. The idea that the knight rescues the damsel is so deep inside me. But now I think it's exceedingly misleading. ... I love masculinity. Unfortunately, I'm terribly heterosexual. Sometimes I wish I could have been gay; perhaps it would have been easier."�
[Date: 19-Jul-05 ]

No comments: