Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Gay PQ candidate Andre Boisclair runs for the top

Gay PQ candidate Andre Boisclair runs for the top Former Parti Quebecois cabinet minister Andre Boisclair has announced he is running for his party's top job and the gay candidate is promising to achieve sovereignty for Quebec. "Together, we will make Quebec a country that will be known for its social values, its French character, its diversity and its creativity," he told a news conference. Asked if he would face any homophobia in his run for the party's leadership he said, "I've had the great privilege of growing up in a society of openness and tolerance in Quebec. I'm proud of who I am. I'm convinced that my difference will not make an impact, that it won't be a significant impact in people's choice," he said to applause and cheers from friends and supporters.�
[Date: 21-Jun-05 ]

No comments: