Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Sherlock Holmes and Watson may be gay


The latest production from the BBC starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as Doctor John Watson shows the couple fighting crime in contemporary London.




In a similar vein to Torchwood, the couple are seen discussing their sexuality. We are lead to question whether they are "Just good friends" or are they gay.

The three-part BBC1 drama Sherlock re-imagines Holmes in today's Baker Street acting as a crime 'consultant' to the police. Holmes is seen brandishing a 'smartphone', using the internet and texting criminals in a bid to solve crimes.

In one scene, Watson asks Holmes whether he has a girlfriend. He replies: 'Girlfriend, no. Not really my area.'

The conversation leads to Holmes saying: 'John, I think you should know I consider myself married to my work and while I am flattered by your interest, I am really not looking for anyone.'  

We are lead to believe that Sherlock Holmes and Watson are gay, but not interested in each other. Maybe the series will pan out to explore their sexuality further.

Its about time we had a main stream detective series include a gay character.Maybe Sherlock is the one.


source : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1296997/Sherlock-Holmes-modern-mystery-Could-Watson-gay.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

No comments: