Pages

Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Year of the Beat

The Year of the Beat I discovered something important I think you ought to know. I conducted a scientific experiment of a sort at the beginning of the year and spent a day listening to nothing but dance music, a variety of beats from house to disco to psy-trance to breakbeats. My day was full of life and energy. I felt amused by life. There was a spring in my step and boogie in my soul. The following day I listened to a relatively typical palette of the dark and moody obscure band morsels that have soundtracked my listening repertoire for some time. My day dragged along. At times I felt numb. I started questioning what the point of it all was and felt like quitting my job and going back to bed. Now to an untrained research analyst the results of this experiment might seem trivial, predictable even. But to a man like myself I found this piece of information revolutionary. That's when I declared 2005 the Year of the Beat, a year to embrace the healing power of disco, a year to get my ass out of the house and onto the dance floor again. And as the days have progressed and the months have passaed I must tell you that I think, yes I think, I think that the manifestation of joy and miracles in life is much simpler when one is amused by life, and even the most trying hour sounds so much better with a backbeat.�
[Date: 22-Aug-05 ]

No comments: