Pages

Monday, September 12, 2005

Margaret Cho finds the humor in Katrina, a voice for the voiceless

Margaret Cho finds the humor in Katrina, a voice for the voiceless Bisexual comic Margaret Cho talked with Sheerly Avi about Hurricane Katrina, stupid white men, and the question: when can we be funny again? Her answer? "Oh, immediately. You have to start right at the moment it's happening, because there's nothing worse than having no hope, and humor represents hope." She did just that regarding Katrina too: "I was talking about how people were just shooting at clouds, shooting at anything looked like weather and also that [switches into her patented Valley girl accent] me, personally, if I didn't, like, have a house and I was all wet? I'd be soooo looting." �
[Date: 12-Sep-05 ]

No comments: