Pages

Friday, September 09, 2005

Kanye West comes out against hip hop homophobia

Kanye West comes out against hip hop homophobia Rap star Kanye West says rap is "too homophobic" while admitting he held simiilar views when he was young. Now he's calling for an end to homophobia in the hip-hop community. He said hip-hop was always about "speaking your mind and about breaking down barriers, but everyone in hip-hop discriminates against gay people. ... I wanna just, to come on TV and just tell my rappers, just tell my friends, 'Yo, stop it'." West explained that having a gay cousin changed his views. "It was a turning point when I was like, 'Yo, this is my cousin. I love him and I've been discriminating against gays'." West, 28, won best rap song and best rap album at this year's Grammy Awards.�
[Date: 22-Aug-05 ]

No comments: