Pages

Friday, September 30, 2005

Gay couple's Florida home torched and vandalized

Gay couple's Florida home torched and vandalized Even though Paul Day and Christopher Robertson had previously had their mailbox riddled with shotgun pellets, the gay couple never thought it would get as bad as it did this week when they returned home to find their house torched and the words "Die Fag" spray-painted on their front steps. Lakeland Fire Department spokeswoman Cheryl Edwards ruled the case an arson with burglary. The Florida home fire had "multiple points of origin," Edwards said. Day and Robertson had just completed three months of renovations and many of their belongings, including electronics, were stolen. Robertson, 23, said, "For the past six months, I've been saying, 'I want to move; I want to move.' I don't want to be here anymore. It's stressing me out."�
[Date: 29-Jul-05 ]

No comments: