Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2005

John Leguizamo: Playing a drag queen was a killer

John Leguizamo: Playing a drag queen was a killer Phillip Zonkel interviewed John Leguizamo recently and brought up something I'm sure at least a few of you have been wondering about. "You've said that playing drag queen Chi-Chi Rodriguez in 'To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar,' was a physically painful experience. How bad was it?." Leguizamo's answer? "It was killer. Doing that for five months. The first month was funny and hilarious, but then it got I had bunions. I had corns. I had corns on my bunions. The constant shaving and the rashes, it was crazy." Leguizamo is starring in two very different films at present, George Romero's zombie flick "Land of the Dead" where he plays a mercenary and Sebastian Cordero's indie film "Cronicas" where he plays a relentless tabloid-TV reporter chasing a headline-grabbing story.�
[Date: 13-Jul-05 ]

No comments: